Klei Entertainment has put out its new expansion for Don’t Starve, the game best known for trying to survive as long as possible out in the wild. It’s currently out on Steam for $4.99 ($4.49 until May 7th), and they plan to have it out on PS4 as well once Sony approves it.
The features they are touting for this expansion include:
- 2 new characters, which if they are anything like the other characters, they will have their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Seasons, which will allow for more types of weather to experience.
- New biomes to allow for new creature types, and new stuff to gather. Always a nice addition.
- An extra save slot, which was apparently something requested. I was always fine with one save, but it’ll be good for those that want it.
- And of course, giants, which actually sound like a cool direction to go since it can take advantage of the game’s unique art style to make some interesting beasts.
It seems reasonably priced for what it’s offering. The expansion also has the advantage of being useful to people that have not experienced everything yet in the game as well.